Teen girls thought they were buying ecstasy online, but they suffered ‘neurological consequences’ when they ingested the substance laced with the dangerous opioid
A health alert issued by Los Angeles Unified School District is warning parents about fentanyl-laced drugs that can be purchased online and the dangers to those who take them.
The health alert comes after three students in Santa Monica ingested fentanyl-laced drugs last week and overdosed. Officials said the students thought they were buying ecstasy online. A letter from the school district’s medical director sent to parents on Wednesday said the students suffered “neurological consequences” after ingesting the fentanyl-laced drugs.
“The pills were purchased online and raise significant concern for the growing trend of contaminated illicit drugs and overdoses in Los Angeles County,” it said in the letter. Click here to read more: https://www.dailynews.com/2022/06/02/lausd-issues-fentanyl-health-alert-after-3-students-overdose-on-drugs-bought-online/?