If Proposition 30 does not pass, the District will have to:
• Cut this year’s budget by an additional $255 million!
• Reduce the school year by an additional 15 days, resulting in a total of 20 days this year!
• Eliminate transportation for students!
These reductions will mean:
• The elimination of weeks of breakfast, lunch and dinner for many of our students.
• Families will have to find day care and child care.
• Seniors will not receive a complete school year, thus rendering them in a far less competitive situation for college acceptance against students from states that have a full school year.
• Transcripts will be incomplete.
• Students will not be able to take AP and IB Exams.
• A reduction in the amount of instructional time before state examinations.
• The loss of critical scholarship opportunities.
• The recalibration of Proposition 98 funding for education, lowering it permanently.