2023 Executive Board & Unit J Elections
2023 ELECTION CALENDAR
Thursday 1-12-23 Executive Board. Distribution of Election Calendar
Thursday 1-19-23 Distribution of self-nomination forms. Click HERE to access Executive Board Nomination form. Click HERE to access Unit J Shop Steward Nomination form
Tuesday 1-31-23 Deadline for self-nomination forms to be submitted to the AALA office via online form
Thursday 2-02-23 Representative Assembly. Candidates announced – opportunity for nominations
Thursday 2-09-23 Statements of nominations from the Rep Assembly Meeting due in AALA office
Tuesday 2-14-23 Distribution of ballots and candidates’ statements to AALA members
Friday 2-24-23 Deadline for return of ballots
Thursday 3-02-23 Distribution of run-off ballots. (if necessary)
Friday 3-10-23 Deadline for return of run-off ballots
Thursday 4-20-23 Representative Assembly. Results announced
OFFICER TO BE ELECTED (INCUMBENT)
- Adult Education Vice President (Elsa Madrid)
- Elementary Director (Marco Flores)
- Secondary Director (Alex Placencio)
- School Support Administrators Vice President (Kevin Kilpatrick)
- Unit J Vice President (Walter Contreras)
- Early Education Director (Scarlett Ramirez Holguin)
UNIT J SHOP STEWARD INCUMBENTS
Gizella Czene, Assistant Contract Manager (Facilities Contracts)
Oscar Marrufo, Complex Plant Manager (Maintenance & Operations S2)
Mauricio Pinto, Complex Plant Manager (Maintenance & Operations N2)
Alfred Sixtos, Truck Operations Manager (MMB Truck Operations Branch)
AALA Self-Nomination Procedures
- All candidates for any office must be active regular members of the Association.
- All candidates for a department position of vice president or director must be members of that department.
- All candidates will submit a nomination application, including an election statement of not more than 100 words, by Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
- The application material submitted must be signed by the candidate.
- For the 100-word statement, candidates may not use the names of their opponent(s); the statement will be reproduced and distributed exactly as submitted; and there will be no corrections, alterations or changes of any sort in the text submitted.
- Prior to the mailing of ballots, all candidates shall have the opportunity to verify their original statement.
- Self-nominations may be made at the Thursday, February 2, 2023, Representative Assembly meeting. Application and 100-word statement of candidates nominated at the Representative Assembly meeting are due in the AALA office by Thursday, February 9, 2023.
Sources: AALA Constitution